No blogger wants his blog to be a lonely place where no one visits, or where people do visit, but never leave comments. Leaving comments on other blogs is a great way to get others to come back to your blog and leave comments there.
But there is a right way and a wrong way of doing it. Do it the wrong way, and you may harm your blog.
Do it the right way, and it will most certainly help you and your blog.
Here are some do’s and don’t’s.
– spam others’ blogs by posting links in the comment box.
– merely say, “Great post!”, because that looks spammy.
– talk about yourself, unless it’s relevant to the post.
– write comments that show you’ve read the post.
– keep your comments on topic.
– add value by saying what you like or don’t like about the post.
– add an example or another point that the blogger might have missed.
– ask a relevant and insightful question.
Reading and commenting on other blogs helps keep you in the loop of what others in your niche are talking about — and you may even get some ideas for new posts for your own blog.
This doesn’t have to take much time. Just five or ten minutes a day, or a couple of blogs a day, and you might be surprised where it takes you.
If you’ve learned something new, or otherwise found this post helpful, please use the social share buttons. And I’d to hear from you in the comments below.